From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Oct 1997 08:14:08 -0400
I think putting the shelter needs out is a great thing.  I did once ship a
couple of care packages and was dismayed that the cost of shipping was the
same (or more) than the stuff I was shipping.  So maybe it would be helpful
if shelters could work up an agreement with their feed stores (if that's
where they get food) and or pet stores and grocery stores (for pedialyte
etc.) so we could use a credit card and have the shelter pick up the stuff.
That way we cut out the shipping cost.  I only thought of this because I
noticed that one shelter had gotten their vet bill down but still need other
stuff.

Mary