From:
"A. Abate/C. Kinsey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 May 1998 04:46:39 -0400
Our shelter has received a 3-1/2 or 4 year old ferret that has adrenal
disease.  Her teenage owner loved her very much (otherwise how would a young
man have the courage to choose the name "Sweetie"--although she certainly
does live up to her name), but simply did not have the resources to do the
surgery that I assurred him she needed.  She has fur on her head, upper neck
and legs.  The rest of her is as bald, as they say, as a baby's bottom.  We
have done a lot of these surgeries, but because I am unemployed at the
moment and there are many ferrets in the shelter (including 4 heathy
turn-ins in the last couple weeks), we could sure use a sponsor for Sweetie.
Our fine veterinary surgeon only charges $75 for an adrenalectomy (may come
as a surprise to some after all the outlandish prices I've heard here
lately).  We will send a sponsor a "before" picture of Sweetie, and later,
a couple months after her surgery, an "after" picture as all her fur grows
back.  She is lively, has a good appetite and otherwise seems very healthy--
a good candidate for surgery.  In addition, she has a new, loving home
waiting for her.  Can I interest someone in sharing a bit of their paycheck
in the name of ferret love?

Carolyn at Ferret Rescue of the Western States, Colorado Springs