From:
Brad Laraway <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 10 May 1994 10:18:55 -0400
> From: [log in to unmask] (Andre Beauchamp)
> Date:   Tue, 10 May 1994 18:19:15 -0400
> Submitted-Date: Tue May 10 02:06:57 EDT 1994
>

>       - WE NEED A VETERINARIAN OR EXPERIENCE FERRET OWNER ADVISE -
>       ============================================================

        We've done several outings with selter ferrets and my own.  What
we did was to rotate ferrets every 15-20 minutes.  Also had food and water
in every cage.  By the end of the day all 11 ferrets were dead to the
world.  They all fell into a sleep similar to what you wrote.  I do not
know if it is dangerous but all seemed okay after a good nights rest.  I
think they were just burned out from all the attention.  pluss as you well
know ferrets sleep alot.  If you keep them awake for a long period of time
they tend to sleep longer and deeper.

        This is just my opinion, based on experience not medical data.
If this is dangerous I would like to know.  We are doing an outing late
this month or early next month.  They usualy run for at least 6-8 hours.
I'm concerned with the ferrets health as well as educating the general
puplic.

        Hope you all have a good week.

        Brad