From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 1997 12:03:00 -0600
On the way home from our Sunday K-FOC meeting in Salina (we only had one
couple attend so it was a very informal fun meeting, not that our others
aren't fun but this was more of a one on one meeting with yummy refreshments
and much conversation about our little ones) we ran into a blustery freezing
cold snowstorm and Nancy and I spotted a German Shepherd along the highway
in an area where there are no houses.  Of course we had to stop.  I won't go
into detail here, if anyone is interested you can email me privately and
I'll be glad to let you know what happened.  After 1 1/2 hours and a group
effort, we were able to rescue a beautiful 2-3 yr old black and tan German
Shepherd that had been sited out there for 2 months.  He is now safely
tucked away at a very reliable, loving, dog kennel that will find a loving
home for him.

Anyway, when Nancy was making the police report the officer asked her if we
do dog rescue and her reply was to open her jacket and show him her shirt
which had Ferret Family Services and our logo imprinted on it.  I was down
in the drainage ditch with the dog so I missed his expression but I'm sure
it was priceless.  Nancy still giggles when she recalls his reaction.  He
was quite confused, of course, and asked if we rescued ferrets.  Nancy
explained what we do and also told him that we assist ANY animal in need.

As Nancy said, I'm sure "those crazy ferret people" will be the talk of the
police station for awhile.  :-)

Hugs to all.  tle