From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 15:58:22 -0400
Steve and I have spent over $2,500 on health care for a ferret who was
helped to have some extra happiness because of that.  We feel grateful that
we were in a position to be able to do that because we know not everyone
is.  If some people want to call that an "obsession" then I figure that our
definitions differ.  Everyone has different foci in life.  Some spend WELL
over what we have spent on health care on such things as travel or land.
Is that an obsession or simply a difference?  There's no shame in being
tolerant.  Love comes in all size packages.

So does heroism.  We were glad to read here last month about the ferret
which alerted it's humans to a fire so all could out safely.  In the last
decade I think I've read of 5 cases like that.

Folks, if any of you are running into mystery illnesses, PLEASE, share the
test results and PLEASE have necropsies done.  Sometimes only the latter
can answer questions well enough to save other individuals.

Sukie
P.S.  The person who annoyed me is old enough to review things before
posting, and I am NOT in any mood to discuss this so do NOT want to hear
from the person.