From:
"Ross C. Byczek" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Mar 1998 09:47:42 -0500
Howdy.  I've noticed that my li'l Gellidus seems to occasionally have to
gasp for air at random times...it's not a constant thing, just every now
and then she'll make a wheezy/gasping like sound when she inhales (and she
inhales deeply when this is occuring), and then she's fine again for
awhile...any suggestions/help would be appreciated.  On a lighter note,
she's getting very well adjusted as far as biting goes; she's losing her
love for feet (thankfully...my roommates and I don't have to wear shoes all
the time now), and playing more...she's gaining speed when she runs, dooking
like crazy, and even licks me now sometimes (although of course, she
eventually starts biting/chewing/nibbling/etc on the area as even Kenda
will do sometimes...) Also, I know she's no blind because she'll respond to
visual stimuli, she's not deaf because she wakes up as soon as I open a
door or make a sound, but she seems to have coordination problems...she'll
be moving around on the bed and fall off randomly...I no longer put her up
on it as she almost never stays on long enough to make it to the escape
tunnel and go down the safe way (piece of dryerhose duct taped to the frame
of the bed) Any ideas/insight as to what her problem is?  She's still got
some more weight to lose, but not nearly as much as she used to...could the
extra weight still be throwing her off-balance?

OH!  I almost forgot...we discovered how he got outside...my roommate was
curious how he could have knocked out the screen considering the top part
was the part that got knocked down, so once I put all 4 locks on the screen
in place (only 2 were before), he put him into the window sill and, sure
enough, Kenda decided he was going to try and get out again...he climbed the
3 ft screen, got to the top, and started pushing...unsuccessfully of course,
and this time he was snagged after he started, but still...I think it's
almost time for a good ol' fashioned nail clipping.  :)

        "IMAGINATION.  Use it as a weapon."
                        -Juno Reactor