From:
Death Adder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:30:53 +0100
Does anyone know where the funds go?  Sometimes I wonder if anyone is
really aware of how funds are spent at SOME, rewscues.

I look over the posts everyday and see more and more rescues asking for
help.  There are no regulations or overseeing commitee's that can see
what happens so what's up?  I know there are several rescues out there
that need funds and most are so small they rarely get a mention.  We ran
a pseudo rescue in florida where ferrets brought back to the petco were
turned over to us as they could not ethically re-sell them.  We took in
probably 40 ferts over a three year period and placed them all and only
once had a return .  We didn't charge an adoption fee, we would have them
list at least 10 people they know that could vouch for them.  We would
call them and ask how they knew the person.  We would also do a meet and
greet at their home to make sure they didn't have a dangerous house of
apartment.

We never asked for anything.  We didn't hound for anything and we made it
all work.  I can see asking for help but do you think we can hear from
some of the litttle guys once in a while , I once saw a small rescue ask
for help and it was shoved to the back burner as the big rescues pushed
in to grab up the bucks .  That wasn't fair to the little guy.

So to all you small rescues who keep slugging it out , god bless you .
Mark (Death Adder)