From:
Karen Rochette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 19:46:43 EST
Hi,as some of you may remember,Lady Greta;our 3.5 yr. old Adoptee,was
Very,Very ill!

1. She had stopped eating  She Lost weight,she went down to 1 ponds.
2. Her stools became runny,slimy green,& generally off color
3. She was Even Refusing to eat duck soup,baby food,or crushed kibbles
4. she got dehydrated
5. Was Scratching,& biting herself Raw;these sores covered 1/3 of her body!

We took her to see 2 Different vets,& have been talking to Dr. Purcell
Almost daily!

Dr. Purcell was as Always the Most help!  The First vet we went to Gave
up on her After 2 wks!  The second vet who was more thorough in her
examination found she had mites,& might Possibly have had a Partial
blockage!

After the 2nd. week,when she Attempted to eat her dry kibbles her Entire
head swelled up to twice it's Normal size.

6. She also had a Severe Reaction to Albon,was throwing up what Little
duck soup we had  managed to Force feed her.

Finally it was discovered that the head swelling was caused by an allergic
reaction to her Regular feed!  We now have her Eucanaba kitten food,& so
far she is doing much Better!  We are treating her for the mites with
tresaderm & 2 dosages of ivermectin.  Her stools are just about back to
Normal & she Is Beginning to eat again.

Karen.Mom Terry & the Mass wrecking Crew