From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 1997 12:41:10 -0500
Oh, my gosh!  As I was bringing this up to write to you "Chopper climbed up
me for a kiss and it turns out she LOVES my cherry-menthol-eucaliptus (sp?)
cough drop.

When I read Ilena's post it made me wonder how long ago it was that
Haleakala tried to yodel.  Hale probably passed away about 9, 10 or 11 years
ago, I guess.  Funny that the suggestion preceded her by so long.  Wonder if
someone else's ferret tried it, or if the writer really thought it was an
absurd concept.  Bill Staine's ""Yodeling Song" is the one she tried to
yodel with, and it sounded pitiful!

My cousin sent me a copy of _The Baker's Boy_ as a double reference: on page
14 Bodger exclaims, "Well, I'll be a flummmoxed ferret!" and later a
character turns out to have a variant spelling of "Crandall" for his name.