From:
Brenda Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 22:17:13 -0700
Hey everybody, been really busy with school starting and I am overwhelmed
with home work.  I haven't been keeping up on the mailing list.  I was
reading my Bizarre news newsletter and I came across this and thought you
would all enjoy this.

Hail to the ferrets!!!!!

Brenda and the armful of ferrets

> "--------------- Ferret Averts Missile Crisis ---------------
>PETERSON AIR FORCE BASE, CO - The Year 2000 missile warning center is an
>investment of untold millions in taxpayer dollars... But when a serious
>problem stymied the engineers and computer geniuses a ferret had to be
called in to save the day.

[Moderator's note: Links to the whole story (the full story can't be
reposted in the FML) can be found in FML issues 2824 and 2825.  BIG]

[I don't know if this is a testament to mankind's ingenuity or his
ineptitude.]" [BB]