From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Dec 1998 13:35:02 -0500
The ferrets are still carrying around their Christmas toys, some of them
still in that exciting crinkly tissue paper.

Steve and I have been having a WONDERFUL time this holiday; he actually
took about a week off (so far) from his normal 80 to 100 hour work weeks
which has relaxed him, and there wound up being a second NPR report which
was great fun, especially since Steve's own voice was on All Things
Considered (on the 22nd).  (Imagine me sitting there pointing to the
speakers, with eyebrows up and jaw dropped trying to enunciate, "That's
YOU, Woofer!".)  If you want to hear the lovely voice of my far better half
you can search at the npr.site since that will get you into their player
that lets you listen to shows and spots.  They did a marvelous article  --
nicely balanced and completely accurate, but we all know to expect that
from NPR since they also have understood ferret pieces when they have
carried them.  A good chunk of Steve's time has gone into serious (okay,
"serious" is a questionable word since we're talking ferrets) ferret
romping since he's been relaxing.  It's great!

Actually, I mentioned that in an earlier post sent on the 23rd I think but
that mail apparently got lost in the ether.  Recently I've had several
people (including Shu Ju who was another of the original FML people) tell
me that they've lost e-mail in assorted communications with multiple
servers recently.  THEREFORE -- if anyone has lost any mailings sent to the
FML do NOT get angry with Bill because it's not his fault.  Okay?

Guess what happened on Christmas Eve?  Glueball and Ashling slept
together!!!!  A new big breakthrough!!!!  Gluey still screams if anyone
looks at her or anything she wants -- even sideways.  The entire house
fills several times a day with "SQEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"  but no
one is getting hurt and feels are surviving intact now.  Meeteetse looks
like she'd like ear plugs, but otherwise all is fine.

Sukie