From:
Juliana Paulauskas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 1995 22:37:57 -0500
RE:  Michelle Matta:

I had  Misty for three years prior to getting Sobriety and Charity.  In all
that time, and to the present time, I have never noticed any weight gain or
new winter coat come winter time.

Sobriety continues to lose his hair due to his illness.  He is definitely
not getting a winter coat, he is losing the one he already has.

Charity is the only one of my ferrets that has gained weight and gained a
new winter coat.  She looks much better than she did over the summer.  Her
fur is much thicker now and she has picked up a few ounces.  (yes, she does
look like a mini polar bear!  :)

I also keep my ferrets indoors most of the time.  They do get to go out on
occassions but only during spring and cool summer days.  Fall and winter, I
do not take them out unless it's to the vet. I keep their room at about 65
degrees, sometimes cooler if it warms up outside.  I also have a humidifier
going in their room to counteract the effects of dry electric heat.  I had
the window cracked in their room for a short period of time (about 2 weeks)
and noticed no change in the other two ferrets.

I would also like to know why some ferrets change coats and gain weight, but
others do not.

Julie and  The Fuzz Factory.