From:
Judy Cooke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jun 2005 07:03:51 -0700
Is anyone keeping up with this????

Sent to Marilyn Ledoux.  Marilyn wrote:

 ....She would don the clothes and go out into the Kingdom.  Perhaps
the local people would know something about the young Dook.  If the
local villagers didn't know who she really was, they would talk freely
about him.

Christinianaferret slipped into the clothes and left her fathers Keep
through the kitchen.  No one in the kitchen recognized her.  She was
safe.  She skipped along to the well, and watched the jills drawing
water.  The single kits were talking about the young Dook.  "What do
you think he really looks like behind his mask," said a young sable
girl.  "I don't know, but, I'm sure he would steal your heart away,"
said a Silver Mitt.

"Stop dooking and hurry up with that water," shouted the Jill in charge.
"At this rate, we'll never get supper cooked." Poor Christinianaferret,
how was she going to learn anything.

A clatter of
hoof beats rang in the street.  A dashing young chocolate boy in velvet
capes came into the square.  "You there," he said to Christinianaferret.
"Draw water for my horse and be quick about it.  I've an importamt
engagement and I must not be late." The young Dook glared at her while
she looked around for something to carry the water in.  Then, she
remembered the beautiful box.  She left it in the tall grass at the.....

Passed to BIG.  BIG Wrote:

 ... base of a huge palm tree.

"Yes, sir," said Christinianaferret, trying to play her part
convincingly.  "I will go to get my water carrier and will be back
before you could say Dook! Dook!... Oh, and, does your horse need
regular or premium?" she quips.

Before the young chocolate boy could comment on her silliness,
Christinianaferret dashes to get the box and thinks about her next
move.  "Hmmm, what if water ruins the box?", she wonders... "Oh well,
I'll chance it..."

She reaches the box and grabs it with her teeth, much like the way a
jill scruffs her kits.  As she starts to run back she notices the box
is stuck closed!  Try as she can, it won't open!

Thinking fast, she notices many coconuts hanging from that palm tree.
"Bingo!  All I need to do is run up the tree and knock down a coconut.
The shell will make a fine bucket for water.  I'm sure I can get up there
is two seconds flat and knock that big old coconut to the ground... How
much different can it be from a glass of water on a nightstand, after
all?"

Off Christinianaferret goes, reaching the lower branches faster than a
hob could stash a wallet.  She reaches the coconut and with a mighty
push of her hind legs, sends it flying into the air....

To be continued.