From:
william killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 1995 13:57:26 -0500
Anthea:
My daughters might be willing to ferret-sit, really cheap rates.  Several
folks around here do ferret sitting though also.  email or call
703-590-3473.  This is the business line but also the computer line so busy
signals are common.  The kids have a LOT of ferret experience helping us.

Deana's sneezing ferrets:
What litter do you use?  Clay and shavings can cause sneezing.

Mink:
Their are both domestic and wild mink.  None are really suitable for
companion animals, though there is one breeder I know who seems to raise
mink for pets.  A ranch mink is a dmoestic animal but that does not mean
pet.  A cow for instance is domestic but not suitable for your living
room.  The mink that were released have about the same survival odds as
your typical cow, maybe less.  They are not raised to hunt, but get fed.
They are raised solely for color and with the required inbreeding are
nervous neurotic vicious animals.  Adorably cute but nasty...

Mink ranches usually use cages larger than litter boxes.  Along the lines
of so two feet tall, three feet deep and one foot wide.  Not a luxury
palace.  But it is as much space as many ferret cages in a different shape.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets