From:
David Doyle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 1996 11:33:24 -0700
    "These shackles hurt!"  Foxie exclaimed.
    "Yeah,"  Pierre replied.  "They're cuttin' off my circulation here!"
    "How did we get into this mess?"  Wiggles stated, looking around the
dark dungeon at her sister Maxie, Buzz, the fox, and the skunk.  She noticed
two other unfamiliar faces as well in the group of imprisoned animals.
    "What are you staring at?"  One of them said.
    "Who are you?"  Wiggles declared.
    "I'm Bob, the bobcat."  He answered.  "This here next to me is Rexie.
That's short for Tyrannosaurus Rex.  She's a green iguana."
    "How did you get here?"  Maxie questioned.
    "Same way you did,"  Rexie said.  "Wrong place at the wrong time."
    "Aren't iguana's domesticated?"  Buzz asked.
    "Yeah,"  Rexie responded.  "My owners let me go in the forest.  I got
too big for their apartment.  I like it better here anyway.  I'm not so
bored.  And that awful smog in the city was giving me asthma!"
    "What happened to your tail, Bob?"  Maxie replied.
    "Bobcats have stubby tails,"  Wiggles stated.
    "Oh,"  Maxie replied.  She looked at the iguana, who was nearly six
feet long from her nose to the end of her massive tail.
    "How did you get so big, Rexie?  Maxie questioned.  "The biggest lizard
I've ever seen was only four inches long!"
    "We iguanas get pretty large,"  She answered, moving her tail back on
forth, sweeping across the cold, stone floor of their prison.
    "We have got to get out of here,"  Pierre declared.
    "Yeah,"  Foxie added.  "We have to rescue the black-foots!"
    "We can show you where they are!"  Bob exclaimed.  "We know the general
run of the place."
    "Wiggles, you're the smallest,"  Buzz said.  "Can you slip out of your
shackles?"
    "Let me try,"  Wiggles answered, squirming in her iron device.  It was
a tight fit, but she managed to slither her way out of them after all.
    "All right!"  Maxie yelled.
    "There is a key to the other shackles on a hook down the hall!"  Rexie
shouted.
    "Wait,"  Pierre warned.  "Someone's coming!"  They all watched as the
door to the room slowly crept open...

    (to be continued...)