From:
Jeanne Carley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jul 1996 12:48:49 -0400
Hello FMLers,

Thanks for your offers of help so far.  Unfortunately, the location of this
ferret's home is Kanab, Utah which is closer to Las Vegas than Reno.  Kenab
is on the north rim of the Grand Canyon.  Otherwise, we have a system in
place for driving ferrets to Sacramento and then on to Reno from the Bay
Area.  Las Vegas is another matter.

The only way to get to Kanab is to go through St.  George, Utah.  Kenab is
off HWY 89 in Utah.  The closest major HWY is 15 that goes through Las
Vegas.  From the Bay Area, you would have to go through Barstow, CA.

We might be able to send the little critter with someone in the cabin, but
only two pets are allowed in the cabin so it would be tough.  Still, if
anyone's flying comercially to Las Vegas from the Bay Area, we'd try to
coordinate so a rescue volunteer would stay at the airport until it was
certain that the sweet thing could go inside the cabin with the passenger.
If not, we'd have to cancell his trip because he cannot go cargo due to the
heat.  A private plane would be best, if there's someone that will make the
trip.

Thanks again for all of your offers of help.  With your help, we'll find
someone  and this little guy will get back home safely.

Jeanne Carley