From:
Gerri Himberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Sep 2012 16:12:31 -0700
First of all, let me say congratulations on little Ms. Diva's recovery.
It is a great relief when a loved one is out of danger, to yourself
and your daughter and to those of us who were rooting for her. here's
hoping she continues with her good health!!!!!

Now, I would like to address something else that has come to my
attention, and that is that Heather has recieved several, shall we say,
unkind, emails suggesting she should let her ferret die rather than pay
the money that it would cost to have her treated, or to suggest that
she ask for help.

To those of you who are unaware, she has more than $400 in post-dated
checks to the vet BEFORE she ran out of money and asked for that help-
she was in no way asking that people support her entire bill. She was
simply doing what she could think of to do in a hurry to save a much
cherished member of her family.

In the place in which she lives, there was no option BUT the place in
which she had the ferret at the time- no other vet would transfer the
ferret in the crisis she was in. Heather will be looking for a more
reasonable vet now, that she can afford.

To those of you who chose to judge her and send her the hate mail, all
I can say is I hope you keep a good supply of windex for the glass
house in which you live. It's interesting that you value life so
little, and that rather than choose to just not help her, and say
nothing, you had to be nasty. I'm glad you have never needed help with
anything, and that no one has ever hurt you with unasked for judgement.
It's good that you feel in a place in life in which you may pass
judgement on all others- be careful, though..... Karma bites.

 .....Because Nice matters.

[Moderator's note: Please note her request for help was by no means
limited to the FML. Personally, I received quite a few, all with no
subject. If all the notes were sent that way perhaps some people might
have thought it was spam. I do hope the people sending the nastygrams
were not FMLers! BIG]