From:
Carla Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 1996 01:15:14 -0500
Re:  Using an adjustable lap heater to warm a ferret cage - my first concern
would be whether it was electric.  Don't know about your woozles, but I have
one that thinks electric cords are edible.  I use barley warmer pillows
(non-electric) in the cage whenever mine need extra warmth, and have had no
problems. They would also be safe on the plastic bottom of your cage.  Email
me if you're interested in directions on how to make one.

Re:  Ditching the Litterpan -  have you tried something like the "puppy
piddle pads" available in pet shops, or the bed/chair pads used by hospitals
and nursing homes?  They come in different sizes, and should be available in
drug stores or medical supply stores.  I don't know the cost, but they are
not as slick as newspaper; the ones I've seen are very similar to the inner
lining of a diaper and are very absorbent.  Cuddle your woozle an extra one
for me.

To: Paw Paw and Tater - don't forget, a woozle is very near-sighted in the
best of cases.  Blindness isn't as much of a handicap as you may think for
these critters.  Bear might take longer in learning the environment, and
could be confused if you moved furniture or left stuff where she didn't
expect it, and you need to be more careful about heights.  Otherwise, she
could get along just fine.  Tater probably smells (and hears) the cats long
before he sees them, and knows where they are even with his eyes shut!
Remember, love and consistancy are the most important things, and you
already know about those.  Have you asked to see what Bear is used
to/capable of?

Blessings to All,
Carla & the Woozlemaniacs