From:
Linda Doran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 1996 18:55:53 -0600
Ferrets like to chew on remote controls because 1) they're rubbery and 2)
they taste real good from when you touch the controls and leave all that
nice, salty perspiration on the buttons.  I've been told that's why dogs
chew on books and probably shoes, for that matter.  The only way to prevent
it (and any resulting blockage from having the fuzzies swallow the rubber --
a horrible experience, I can attest to that) is to keep the remote control
out of their reach.  Esperanza loves it; she'll run off with it in a
heartbeat, so I have to store it higher than she climb.

        Linda and Espie (mmm, those remote controls are almost as good as
                raisins ... well, maybe not quite THAT good)