From:
Penny Lepage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 20:25:53 -0400
Gee, thought I would never get caught up and time to write.  These guys
need more attention on the road!!  Play time is confined but more
interaction with us humans.  We made sure we included the play tunnel or
tube, that is sorta behind and under the couch.  The toy box is under the
table but always seems to be pretty empty.  They try to tell me I am
keeping toys in the wrong place!!

We stopped in SC on a back road, found gas for $1.29, can you believe it?
Anyway, after filling up we went around back to wash the windshield.  We
do things together so I was scrubbing and my hubby was rinsing.  Two young
black men came out of the Subway and was amazed at the motorhome, they had
never seen one like that before.  They wanted to wash the whole thing for
us just to see the inside!!  Well, we didn't need the whole thing washed
but the door was opened so they looked in and low and behold what did they
see but ten little fuzzy faces looking out!!  Jumping back they said "What
is that?  Looks like some kind of rats!" They had never seen ferrets before
and we had to tell them several times what they were and needless to say
they were no longer interested in going in to see the place!

We are back in NH and Ma at the present but only for a short time till we
head West.

While we were in SC I picked up a free paper on the front there was a
picture of a mink.  They have disappeared from the coast of SC so the
article was where they had trapped some mink in La and the National Guard
was on flight duty for the weekend so they offered to fly the trappers and
mink to SC.  Pretty neat huh?  That our government helped out that way.
So they turned the mink loose after putting transmitters on them so if
they die they can find them and know more about them.

I know this isn't about ferrets but they are cousins and I thought you all
would enjoy the story.

The ferrets are all fine and I was so pleased that no one has stressed out
with moving from the house to one motorhome and then moving to the new
motorhome.  Everyone has taken the move well maybe not everyone!  Human
Daddy was stressed more than anyone else but all under control now.

Guess I have gone on long enough for now.

Prayers to everyone loosing their loved ones to Rainbow Bridge.

Penny and the 10 Traveling Fuzzies