From:
Wes Hurley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 2004 16:57:22 -0700
This is Susie Lee of the Ferret And Dove Sanctuary, Inc. of Pensacola,
Florida.  We have good news for the relief of our veterinarian-med ical
bills, two ferrets are about to be adopted out.  Even better than that,
the persons footing the adoption fees are the "Make A Wish" Foundation.

She didn't ask to go to a theme park, and she didn't ask for a puppy nor
a kitten nor even a pony, although she could have...

It seems there is a terminal little girl here in the Pensacola area whose
dearest wish is to own a ferret; so, the local Foundation directors
remembered seeing our weekly (it runs three of the weekend days, every
week) picture-ad in the local newspaper and contacted us about this,...of
course the parents will be looking after whichever ferret(s) the young
lady picks (and who picks out her, ferrets are very wise in this way).
We feel so honored to have been trusted by "Make A Wish"!

We're going to give her parents our own copy of of "Ferrets For Dummies"
as well as enough of this terrific Mazuri Ferret food, which has even the
oldest (Jazzmine Miss Boss is actually 13 years young this November!) in
wonderful shape for their years, and it's getting to the point now where
the average ages are 8, with many 9 and 10-year-olds sprinkled in our now
49-er population.

Anyway, we mostly wanted to pass along this Good Stuff, and cheer you-all
on for helping Chere McCoy and Sue Thomas and Jackie Hawley (of the
hurricane-hurt Florida ferret shelters)who really need you guys so much
more...with folks like you guys pulling for them, they'll be okay!

(here are the adoptables from which our Make A Wish young guest will be
choosing ((and being chosen by)) her fur-person companions(s)...
http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/ferret_rescuer/index.html