From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 1997 12:23:53 -0700
Hi;
I just wanted to thank you for all the great info.  I have recieved since
I've been recieving the ferret digest.  I love being able to read something
every day about my fuzzy little friends.

I live in California were you are not as of yet aloud to have then as pet as
you know.

I am one of the unfortunate (sorry for the spelling) people who has had
there babies taken away from them.  Sad but ture.

When they took my babies, they wouldn't even tell me were or what they did
with them, and at that time I didn't know where to go or who to contact.
The animal control people would not give me any straight answers as to where
they had taken my babies, or what they plan to do with them or even what
there policy was.  At first they denied even having them.  Them they told a
friend who was trying to help me with this that they were an endangered
spieceis (sorry again for the spelling) and they would put them to sleep.
My friend then asked if they were, (animal control) was in the habit of
putting endangered speicieis(sorry) to sleep.  Then I recieved a notice in
the mail from the court that I was being charged with possesion of a wild
animal ("ferrets").  Not only had I just lost my babies, but I now might go
to jail !  This happened to me about seven years ago.  Since this happened I
have learned about all the ferret groups in California and else where that
are out there to help if this should happen.

The reason I am writting this is to thank all the people that are fighting
to save others from the same fate, of loosing there babies or pets.

Sorry for the length.  But I thought maybe this story might remind evryone
why it is so important for us to win the fight in California.

[MH]