From:
Kevin Bonner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 12:59:23 EDT
Hi Skeeter -
One year ago today, Lady left us to go to The Rainbow Bridge.  I was
wondering if you would please deliver a message to her for us.  Thank you
Skeeter.
* * * * *
Darling Lady,

I just wanted to take a moment to let you know just how much you are missed.
Many a night I sit in the grass where we once went.  I look into the stars,
just as you did on the night before you left.  I wonder if maybe you heard
voices beckoning you to join them.  It never fails that I swear I feel your
fuzzy kisses on my cheek.  It's as if you were here kissing away the tears.

There are lots of brothers and sisters here now.  You've never met, but
they know of you.  Furrice and I tell them about you all the time.  Geordi
dog misses you too.  With all the other fuzzies here, you are still his
bestest friend, I know he misses the way you two would chase each other
and play.

I'm doing what I can to be the best fuzzy dad to them.  Your leaving has
spurred me to learn as much as I can.  Especially how to help fuzzies who
are lonely or ill.  I know it would not have helped you, but I want to know
how to take the very best care of any other.

Shortly after you left I brought home 3 kids from a shelter.  One
especially reminded me of you.  She needed extra TLC and care because she
had been sick.  I think you can imagine the tears when she found her way
into the toy box and pulled out your old squeeky toy.  I didn't know it
until I heard it squeek - I turned to look for you.  She was biting it to
make it squeek, just as you had.  I had the feeling that it was your way
of telling me I had done a good thing.  That you would always be with us.

You were the "ferret no one wants" until the night I brought you home.  And
though our time together was short, you will always be a part of our life.
It hurt so much to say goodbye.  Yet knowing that you fought until we could
be there to say goodbye.  I still remember how you snuggled against my hand
as I petted you.  You seemed totally at peace as you closed your eyes and
drew your last breath on this earth.

You will truly be missed until the time when we are all together again ...

Love,
Dad, Furrice, Lacey, Hershey, Simon, Socks, Sprite, Cuddles, Prissy,
Rascal, Java, Cinna, Racer.

Lady Sylvia DeSlink - Dec 24, 1997 - June 29, 1998