From:
Public Relations <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 15:40:03 -0400
For all thos ferret shelterers who are performing Triage services on
ferrets owned & adopted by others BE VERY CAREFUL!

I am not sure what the law reads in other states -- here in NH treating
anyone's animal or vaccinating it without a veterinary license is ILLEGAL,
yes indeed against the law.  For that reason folks who call us with a
ferret are encouraged to relay circumstances, symptoms etc, and we direct
them to the closest appropriate vet-- with a pointer on perhaps have them
check for ____ or ____.  If there needs to be stabilization we instruct
them on how THEY can do it best!

The FML posting previously boasted and illustrated triage and treatment
of others owned ferrets - a practice that can indeed ultimately close a
shelter down.  I recommend, wholeheartedly that you are careful in your
advise and consulting and NOT openly publicize you vaccinate others pets --
unless you have a grand insurance policy and feel you can operate above
the law.

just another shelterer who works best within given peramiters
Alicia
at Ferret Wise
a naturopathic and allopathic rehabilitation treatment facility for the
domesticated ferret!
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~crassi/index.html