From:
Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 May 2000 02:34:51 -0400
To Michelle:
Maybe you would like to call my vet, Dr. Anna Edling, at Hickory Vet
Hospital in Plymouth Meeting, PA.  (610) 828-3054.  She holds a Lupron
clinic every 4 weeks, and she will be able to give you an idea of how to
find the drug.  She may be able to tell you how to contact the manufacturer
to locate a pharmacy in your area.

And do try the Lupron!  My wild man Jake (the Alpha ferret here either
because no one else wanted the job or perhaps because he dances the
craziest) had adrenal surgery once and is not a good candidate for a second
surgery.  I took him in for his first Lupron shot 4 weeks ago.  His fur
was rough and it was very thin over the shoulders and at the base of the
tail.  He had also developed that avocado shape again, as well as a sexual
interest in his buddies.  He is going for his second shot in a couple days,
but he already looks and acts like a healthy ferret.  His fur filled in in
two weeks and now it is soft again.  Miracle stuff for many ferrets, though
not all.

Blessings
Judith