From:
Lisa Goggins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 10:06:55 -0400
Maybe many of your remember my Otis and possibly you do not.  I am not an
avid reader but I have always come here looking for help with Otis.  Otis
has adrenal tumors, insulinoma and now I believe he has lymphosarcoma.
No, he is not a surgical canidate for the tumors if you are wondering.
He is on pred and diazozide for the insulinoma and Lupron for his
inoperable adrenal tumor.  A few weeks ago I noticed a lump on his lower
back, then lumps on each side of his jaws and today I realized that each
side of his neck is swollen.  I believe this is Lympho meaning this is
the third type on cancer he has now.  I need info on what to do for him.
Some days I just want to go and have him put to sleep as he just seems to
get more unhealthy by the day.  Could the lumps be fatty tumors possibly?
I doubt it.  I just dont know what to do.  His medical bills run me 200 a
month but if I can add another med that could help with the lymphoma then
I will.  I could not find to much info on curing this cancer other than
Chemo.  Has anyone t ried this?  If so what were the results.  Has anyone
seen all three of these probs in one ferret?  How do you know when it is
time to let go or when the ferret is in pain?  Please any help anyone can
give will be appreciated.  At this point the outcome is looking very
grim.

Worried,
Lisa