From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 23:20:31 -0500
http://www.smartgroups.com/message/readmessage.cfm?gid=1423922&messageid=2009

No, you don't really need to administer pred or proglycem at this point,
and likely there is no side effect to discontinuing it.  If you have a
post-surgical of 435, I'd check on at least a daily basis.  That's pretty
high.  But it often happens - the rest of the pancreas has "gone to
sleep".  But only 7 hours later is a bit early to test.  I would usually
wait 24 hours or more.

With kindest regards,
Bruce Williams