From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 May 1997 13:24:16 -0700
Hi FMLer's:

Whiskers:
My male ferret Rupert has a whisker problem, one whisker is now 3 1/2" long
and it seems to keep growing.  I would assume that the whisker itself could
be shortened by cutting and it would not effect his senses since a whisker
is just a feeler correct?  Or should I leave it alone, but it sure looks
funny.

Licking:
My female ferret going on 6 years has started getting in bed with us at
night and starts licking my legs, if I would allowed her, she would lick for
hours.  Lick & scratch, Lick & scratch and it doesn't seem quite right to
me.  Could it be something wrong or lacking in her food (I feed them Totally
Fert) She is obcessed with this licking, I will put her on the floor
numerous times during the night, next thing I know here she is licky, licky,
licky.  I don't get the feeling from her that it is out of affection, it
feels like she needs to do this.  Any thoughts on this type of behavior.

Jill Owned by
Rupert, Fiona & EB