From:
Mike Breuer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 1996 08:49:55 -0500
Greetings all.  I have been lurking for a few weeks now, and thought I'd
introduce myself.  My name is Mike Breuer and my 3 1/2 month old, healthy
happy female ferret (nice alliteration, eh?) is named Mia.  I know, I know,
but please no Mia Ferret jokes-- I honestly didn't think of the pun until
after I had decided on the name.  Anyway, Mia seems to enjoy her home and
does plenty of playing, dooking and wardancing.  The vet says she's
completely healthy, and she has a very nice temperament {if mischievous can
be considered nice ;-).  One of her favorite pass-times is attempting to
climb the inside of my pants leg.  My wife laughs at me whenever she sees me
walking around the house with my pants tucked into my socks, but maybe it
will catch on, and she'll see I'm on the cutting-edge of fashion.

Another reason I am writing is that I have a question about recliners.  I
know there have been some problems in the past, but I would like to know if
the problems involved moving or stationary recliners.  We are getting some
new furniture soon, and will be moving our recliners from our living room to
our rec-room where Mia often has free run.  These recliners are immobile
when the foot rests are up.  Is this enough to prevent problems?  Has anyone
had trouble with stationary recliners?  Also, any good suggestions on
keeping ferrets from climbing inside couches?  Sometimes it takes quite a
while to coax Mia out.  Thanks in advance.

Mike and Mia