From:
Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 22:11:12 -0800
>From:    alphachi <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Path Valley vs Marshall Research
>I thought I made that clear.  Well, it makes sense to them, so if it
>prevents them from killing thousands of ferrets, it makes sense to a lot
>of us, if not you.

Careful cutting on your part removed where what was really meant by "baby
sitting" was discussed.  The term makes no sense.  Using older ferrets to
teach younger ones is fine - but people contact is FAR more important.

>Secondly, and this is specifically to you, please stop using Dr Bell to
>"legitimize" your argument.  This is a wholly inaccurate, misleading,
>inappropriate, and unethical implication of what went on during Dr Bell's
>most difficult period in her life.

Please stop misusing the word unethical when you really mean that you
disagree with us.  We are very aware of what happened at Marshall Farms
with Dr Bell.  If she asks us to stop we most certainly will.  You have
"no standing in this court" per se.

>You say you know her well, amongst your many other claims;

Again you distort.  We have never claimed to "know her well".  We know what
she told us.  We know your apparent campaign against bill on many fronts.
This is all to personal in our opinion.

>From:    "Alice D. Barrett" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Path Valley, Good Pet Store
>When we purchased Fannie in December 1996, Path Valley provided a
>serial-numbered certificate of guarantee that she was neutered and
>de-scented.

This is exactly the same thing Marshall Farms does.  Your question is the
sort both of these ranches would answer.  You did not start off your
discussion by implying evil.  Ask them more questions sure.

>From:    Amy Seyler <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: MF v. Path Valley
>And there are always those defenders of MF who are less tolerant
>of other people's opinions and seem to know it all.

We are very tolerant of other's opinions.  We are intolerant of dishonesty
and deceipt.  We don't see those problems in your post..

>I've had ferrets from PV, MF and local breeders.  I by far prefer the
>breeder ferrets, as they have been SIGNIFICANTLY healthier
>(neutered/spayed at 5-6 months).

Which is why we recommend going to a private breeder and why we hope we can
end pet store sales of ferrets when there are enough breeders to supply the
demand.  But since we and other breeders are under constant attack it is
hard to envision that coming soon.

>Oh, and about MF giving out paperwork with each of the ferrets they sell:
>maybe they do, but *I* certainly didn't get any paperwork from the pet store

Many pet stores do not give out the paper work from either Marshall or Path
Valley.  There is little the ranches can do about that unfortunately.  Some
pet stores give the wrong paperwork - that is they give Marshall guarranties
out with Path Valley ferrets or other ranches.

>From:    Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Path Valley data
>Sorry, Bill, but you had an "Opps".  Path Valley actually DOES use the
>retired breeders as baby sitters.  No joke.

We were objecting to the term.  Not the use of older ferrets to train
younger ones.  Our first jill from Marshall Farms was used by us this way.
We commented on what was meant by the term as well.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/
mailto:[log in to unmask]