From:
Melissa Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2002 09:36:18 -0700
Hi everyone.

For the record, the word "science" comes from the Latin, "Scientia"
meaning "knowledge".  "Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est," as my Latin teacher
used to say, which means "Knowledge itself is power."  I think at least
MY ferrets have a pretty good handle on THAT idea.

"We KNOW that mommy wakes up when we bite her toes." So bite my toes they
do, and wake up I do, to find three rotten ferrets under my covers at
2:00am.  One power point in favor of the ferrets.

"We know that if all SIX of us stand at the door when it is opened, at
least ONE of us can slip past in the frenzy to catch us all." So wait
there they do, sure enough, when the door is opened, at least one of them
manages to find a way through the defenses to freedom.  The tally of
who's got the power is mounting dramatically in favor of the little fur
monsters.

It goes on and on and pretty soon, I'm a blathering slave, and they are in
complete control.  Darn little buggers.

Melissa Kuzara
Mira, Tasha, Robin, Nietzsche, Samurai and O'Dell
Missing Cael and Booboo always