From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 23:14:20 -0500
http://www.smartgroups.com/message/readmessage.cfm?gid=1423922&messageid=2134

>I haven't had a chance to discuss this with my vet yet - our next appt
>is 11/12 and I will be talking with him about it - I am interested in
>what the professionals here think about her situation.  She is only 5 and
>is active and playful.  I understand the risks associated with surgery -
>but I also know that surgical intervention is the only shot at curing
>adrenal gland disease.

I have done adrenal surgery successfully on one ferret with lymphoma,
after advising the owner of the risks.  She was in complete remission and
not on meds at the time, and did very well, but I would be hesitant about
doing surgery on a ferret undergoing chemotherapy.

Dr. Ruth
Save lives - spay or neuter your pet.