From:
Susann Thiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Apr 2007 14:17:34 -0400
Congratulations to the winners of "Part Two" of the March 2007 Friends
of Ferret Shelters raffle!

* Katherine Carr won the Easter Gift Basket

* Phyllis Berker won the two-story luxury ferret "condo"

* Cynthia Scheidt won the handmade Cat-in-the-Hat hammie set

This raffle netted $713.96 ($741 before PayPal transaction fees) on
behalf of the Okeechobee Ferret and Cat Rescue in Okeechobee, Florida.
Thanks to so many generous donors, operator Sue Thomas will be able
to purchase a badly-needed washer/dryer for the shelter. We think she
really won't miss washing all those towels, blankies and hammies by
hand!

Previous winners in our March raffle were:

* Patricia Shaskin, St. Patrick's ferret gift basket

* Mary Skinner, 14k gold "Wild Irish Rose" pendant

* Chris Mathis, Erin Go Bragh hand-sewn hammie set

* Bonnie Russell, North Woods Gourmet Breakfast Basket

In a few days, we'll unveil our April 2007 raffle items - it's a long,
long list and includes several custom themed gift baskets, a $65 gift
card for your choice of merchandise from the Ferretwise Rescue and
Rehabilitation Shelter's "Funalia" gift shop, and many beautifuly
handmade items donated by talented artisans - including a few things
we guarantee you haven't seen before!

Our April raffle will benefit the Doug McKay ferret rescue foundation,
<http://www.mfran.org/Doug_McKay/DougMcKayFoundation/Doug_McKay_Foundation.htm>
dedicated to providing relief, shelter and necessary medical care for
hundreds of ferrets living in horrendous conditions, as documented by
photographs and first-hand testimony on the Michigan Ferret Rescue
(MFRAN) website. <http://www.mfran.org/>

On behalf of Friends of Ferret Shelters, many thanks for your support!

Susann Thiel and Lisa Oestereich