From:
Ken meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 13:33:44 -0800
I really feel the need to address an opinion that was published as fact
in the FML.

Harriet H. H. wrote:
>PROFESSIONAL KITTEN CHICKEN & RICE, second ingredient is Chicken byProduct
>Meal (chicken by-products are what's left over from human grade foods,
>feathers, feet, fur, guts, etc.  and not nutritious at all (not good) and
>the third ingredient is rice flour which really is not that nutritious.

Well, Millions of people eat chicken feet.  The Chinese make a wonderful
soup from them as well as frying and baking them.  I have had them, and I
think they are good.  Seeing as how I digested them, and they were protein
and calcium, I would find some nutrition in them.

I would also take issue with someone stating that guts are neither good
nor nutritious.  Has anyone ever watched wild predators and scavengers
eat?  They usually go for the soft underbelly first where they rip out
and devour stomach, intestines, liver etc.  It is very nutritious, rich
in iron, and yes....'good' even.

I myself like the liver, heart, and gizzard of the chicken better than
any other part.  I think people who throw these away are crazy!!

Ken

=====
To succeed in Life:

Work Like You Don't Need The Money