From:
Josephine Hansen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 14:20:31 PDT
This will be my last posting, my heart is breaking, i've done my absolute
best for my ferrets Liza and Truls, this morning i found they had gotten
themselves into my husbsands portfolio unzipped it, they found his
calculator and they managed to get it out of its case and 14 buttons are
missing, it has only been around 4 months since Truls had his surgery for
intestinal blockage, i must have spent $2000 over the past year and
veterinarian bills, and i still ow $80, i just cant do this anymore, it
seems no matter how i have ferretproofed checked and checked again, no
matter how obsessed i have been in my attempts to keep them out of harms
way, i failed.  i love them so much i cant imagine how i am going to get
through this, i am crying all the time, and i cant bear to look at them
without starting to cry again, i am going to miss them so much, and there
must be one thousand things around me that will remind me of them every
day.  I have kontacted a Veterinarian who i know have ferrets, i am waiting
for her to call me back, i am hoping that she can give them the operation
and pay those costs i am willing to give them to her if she keeps them safe
and together, it is the only thing i can do to save their lifes, but if she
cant or wont i will have to let them cross the bridge, i cant let them
suffer, and either way i cant have ferrets when i cant protect them, i dont
understand how they could unzipp the portfolio, but obviously they have
outsmarted me just one more time that i could afford.

But i would like to say thank you to all of you, you make a wonderful FML,
and i have enjoyed reading it everyday, i will miss you, It is funny
becouse I was taking pictures of them just this morning, thinking of how
much i love them not knowing what a terrible thing had happened, not
knowing i was going to loose them.

Take care of your fuzzies and yourselves,
Josephine , my adorable speedbump Truls and the sweetiest meaniest Liza
in the world