From:
Kim Burkard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 1996 09:02:16 EDT
Thanks for the Ferret Games list, Bob! I loved it. ;)

Definately don't forget poster tubes!  Poster tubes come in a variety of
diameters and lengths.  Our kids *absolutely* love them.  The poster tubes
are much sturdier than wrapping paper tubes and so are more resistant to
chewers and diggers.  You can get them free if you keep your eyes open at
work.  (I got about a dozen of them at my last job and I'm sure the security
guards must have thought I was some corporate spy!) Carpet rolls are bigger
cousins to poster tubes, but you could probably pick up some of these for
free as well.

Our kids are definately being enviornmentally conscious by taking the second
"R" of "Reduce, Re-use, and Recycle" to heart.  They re-use bags (paper and
plastic), cardboard boxes, poster and other shipping tubes, a box of
shredded paper and so on.  The best toys are those that are free.

-kim, squirt (ambushes the others when they come out of a tube),
 pippi (queen of the cardboard castle),
 atlas (does the "alligator" - any fert or finger foolish enough to come
      into the tube w/ his mouth wide open gets a chomp), and
Jinx (tubes are "ferret accelerators" - kind of like particle accelerators.)

Kimberly Burkard     |             _    Everything I needed to know in life,
Eastman Kodak Company|      _____C .._. I learned from my ferret:
Rochester, New York  | ____/     \___/  Frolic and dance for joy often, have
[log in to unmask]    |<____/\_---\_\    no fear or worries, and enjoy life.