From:
Laurie L Jay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 1996 12:21:40 -0500
Many, many thanks to BIG, who was so speedy and helpful in my quest to find
out what was wrong with Nosey.  I took her to my regular vet and she has
scheduled her for emergency surgery first thing in the morning.  Please pray
for her, as her condition is severe.  Nosey's best friend, Bandit, also came
to live with us; since her previous owner could not stand to see them
separated.  Bandit is three and seems to be in good health, except for a
small amount of hair loss on his tail.  I am taking him in today for a
thorough examination.  I hope I will not be overstepping my bounds with what
I say next, but desperate people say and do desperate things.  I am an avid
animal lover who will do what ever I can for anything with fur.  (Which
also, I suppose, explains the attachment I have to my husband's chest!) None
the less, he has patiently put up with the myriad of stray cats, dogs,
guines pigs, hamsters, etc.  which I bring into our home.  However, this
latest "ferret thing" has really stretched his limits.  We have 8 children
(real people type children) and the prospect of a $400.00 ferret bill has
him a bit, shall we say, "concerned".  I am asking if there is anyone out
there in ferret land who might be able to help.  If you could send just one
or two dollars it would be a tremendous help.  If several people help me out
and I end up with more money than I need, I will find out from you all what
shelter or ferret aid society could use a donation and send the excess
directly to them.  Thank you in advance for all your prayers and well
wishes.  I will keep you updated on Nosey's condition.  My address is:
Laurie L Jay P.O.  Box 124, Pinebluff, NC 28373