From:
Megan McCormick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 12:43:20 -0400
I have three girls, ranging from 2 to about six in age.  They all get
along, and of course love to roughhouse.  I have noticed, only in the last
month or so, that Anastasia, the eldest, has been showing up with puncture
marks on her sides and one on her leg.  Not all the time, mind you - I
think I've found maybe one set every week and a half.  I have never noticed
such things on her before, and I don't see any on the others - I know she's
getting them from her sisters, though she never complains when playing with
them.  I was wondering: as they get older, do ferrets get thinner skin?  Or
is this maybe the sign of some illness in which the ferret gets injured
more easily?  She still heals fine, I keep the bites clean and make sure
they don't get infected - she's very patient when I clean them off...:)

Thanks for your help!

Megan and the pointy three:
Anastasia ("Mom, stop picking my scabs!")
Lexie ("I didn't bite her *that* hard!")
Sammi ("Oh, don't be such a whiner!")