From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 2004 23:02:04 -0500
Hi Friends- It's ME Your ol' buddy Jerimiah!

You know- The most handsome white bOy with my own chocolate spot on
the side :)  It has been a while since I could tell you all about the
happenings here at Ferret Wise- I needed my Mom to help type and she has
been under the weather a lots!  She is not all better, but some better
and said today we would start to catch everyone up on things around here!

Our boy Gravy has started on his monthly lupron shits- if you remember he
had surgery and a left adrenal and several hairballs were removed i
October- he his doing kind of okay with his EGE and Mom did not want him
getting too thin on the flanks so he met the staff at Dr Winnies Monday.
Curly went back for her first Lupron since October she was getting a pink
tail again!  Both Annabelle & Marie will be getting luprons on Thursday
this week-- Mom would really like to give Annabelle surgery-- but my
friend Marie is a tad frail and they worry about her..  so she will
remain in lupron.

"Rennie" is doing well on his leg since his accident in the black out -
he spent over 3 weeks splinted and is now walking and running pretty
well.  They suspect some nerve damage- he still can't grab with his
toes-- but then again Momma can't use her left hand fingers either since
her fall in December- she says they match up pretty darned good! :)

We now have 10 kids on Lupron between those here and those kids at St
Gregory's hospice House.  Mom cannot believe how busy we keep her sewing
hammies to sell!  Shelter Dad will need to make the trip to the LOS
Philadelphia show March 13 with all the ferrety goods this weekend as
Mom still is not all better - she had some virus and is coughing a lot.

Aunt Cynthia has made some new ferret wall quilts which he will bring
along- as well as our fund raiser ferret in a pocket tee shirts.  Her own
ferrets have started coughing too- and she wonders when it will stop.
THANKS GOODNESS we are not coughing in the shelter!

We have had some really good news- today the shelter got an annonymous
$250 donation passed along through another ferret shelter to help with
the Green Goddess Van!!!  SO- we will have transportation to the vets
real soon !  Hooray!!!  There was a special meeting the past week and the
directors worked out a plan to get the vehicle up and running.  We just
have to wait for some title thing from the state now and then us kids
will have our own van.  Ol' Green will be used in case we need him for
emergencies as long as he is around ... it sure will be nice to have our
own vehicle to run around town in!

The folks is going to put a photo up for a matted set of Proofs for the
Bob Church Symposium postcards-- folks can win this very rare uncut and
autographed sheet-- and help us get the van all safe & ready for the road
too!  This should be ready tomorrow on the web site!  I will be sure to
holler again when that is ready!

Our buddy Shadow who visits here at the shelter was trying to be a
celebrity ferret at the HSUS Pet Photo contest -- Mom says he tried real
hard , but with only days to go he is at number 9 and most likely will
not stay in the top ten.  SO SAD :(

We really hoped our buddy Shadow could be representing us to the US pet
folks ... If you have not voted for your favorite pet yet please hop up
to HSUS Favorite Pet Photo contest and vote for Shadow the ferret!

http://photocontest.hsus.org/contestrankings.asp

Things are starting to get busy planning for our Fall Ferretstock event--
and the Ice Cream social will be held on Saturday May 15th at 1 PM.  So
remember if you can make it over-- I like cherries and chocolate-- I bet
you can sneak me some!

Well I better run- I am supposed to be helping out in the shelter- seems
us kids have been having more fun lately than Mom can up with- I promised
I would help pick up some of the rice that sp[illed oops out of the dig
box!  Hahahahaha!

Thanks to all our friends who have been thinking of us this winter-- I am
hoping todays snow is the last and we will have warm weather soon- I like
the open windows!

Hugs -  from YOur buddy
Jerimiah, mascot
www.ferretwise.org