From:
Cassandra Wassenaar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 2008 08:38:27 -0700
Hi Guys!

I have 2 ferrets, Dorian is 2 years old and Ambellina, we think, is 4-5
years old (I adopted her in March). When I first got Dorian when he was
3 months old, I never even had to do any work to litter train him. He
automatically started using the litter box. Ambellina, when I had her
quarantined while I was treating some of her conditions, always used
her litter box too. They've been in the same cage since late April
and at first both used the two litter boxes in there. Now, they only
sometimes use them. The corner pan never gets used and the big pan will
only be used a handful of times. There's really no method. I've seen
Dorian poop outside the box when I had just did a complete change of
the litter.

Ambellina has always had Yesterday's News. Dorian used to have Aspen
pellets but I gradually added Yesterday's news to it and slowly took
away the aspen. He had no problem adjusting to the YN.

The cage is two stories, the top story has their hammocks, a few old
t-shirts, a tunnel, and a food and water dish. The bottom story has
both litter pans, a towel, a tunnel, and another food and water dish.
The cage is homemade.

How can I get my babies to use the litter pans again?

Thanks guys!