From:
Amy Flemming - WORK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 16:04:58 +0800
>I thought that vaccines had to be shipped by 1 or 2 day delivery anyway???

I had ordered my CDV vaccines through United.  Then I was told by United
that they were cheaper through Jeffers.  Odd.  Anyhow - so I ordered two
10 packs (20 vaccines) and gave them to 20 ferrets one day.  I had two
reactions.  I have *never* had a reaction before.  I went back to ordering
from United and never had a reaction again - even from the same ferrets
that reacted in the past.

I am not sure if it was a fluke or if there was a problem.  Maybe they were
sitting on a truck someplace or something.  I don't know.

>Please have your vet procure the proper vaccines.

Seeing as this person lives in Mexico, that may not be possible.  I wish I
could give ferret vaccinations, but I can't because they are not available
in Australia.  Not a big enough demand and nobody wants to bring in a
vaccine that has so many reactions.  Maybe when the Merial (sp) vaccine
comes out ...

>to insure canine distemper immunity you'll need to have him vaccinated
>and then re-vaccinated two weeks later.

Are you saying that when using a CDV vaccine for use in dogs you have to
do this?  Or with ferret vaccines because he is past due on his boosters?

>I wash the tail only with an antibacterial shampoo and I use an old
>toothbrush to "scrub" it.

I do this too!  Usually this is all that I need to do and it clears right
up!

>I would suggest the possibility of offering it at your next place of
>residence.

I believe a pet bond is already in place in the US.  It is in Australia.
Something like $100 or so.

>let them keep the animal,and check up on them less and less.(Unexpectedly)

I don't think a landlord can legally "drop in" without an appointment.  At
least that is how it is in Australia.  I believe the US is the same, but I
might be wrong.  However, it is a good suggestion.

>we've come to the conclusion that they're "wiping."

Ah yes - skid marks.  I actually think they are marking territory.
Ferrets - as do dogs, have scent glands (OK some don't anymore but the
instinct is still there).  When they poopie a little bit of the oil is in
their poopie in the box.  So I always took the skid marking as territory
marking.