Date:
Tue, 5 Jul 2005 18:11:53 -0700
HELP PLEASE ! !

I'm having a so-called litter box "problem" lately (I mean, my furkids
are having the problem) and I'm wondering if anyone out there has had
similar dilemmas?  ?  ?

About a month ago, I made the ALL FORBIDDEN mistake of moving the
location of my furkids' litter box over about a foot to the right, away
from the wall, so it wouldn't be so 'in the way' at the corner of my
washing machine.  Well, to my amazement (and I really mean that), my one
furkid, Sasha, who actually USES the litterbox about 90% of the time just
kept going in the original spot, on the floor, where the box used to be!

Mind you, this furkid is NOT blind and gets along very well for 6.5 yrs.
old - she has no problem finding the food dish wherever I put it (even
when it's not in the same ROOM as her cage!) but she cannot (or will not)
adapt to the new location of the litterbox only a foot away from the old
location?  ?  ?  ?  WHAT????

And, now, what's WORSE is that I apparently made ALL FORBIDDEN mistake
#2 and changed the actual litterbox from a low rectangular 13x9 inch
standard "rubbermaid" box to a nice, roomy large hi-back corner unit.

So instead of a boring, ackward commode without even a doorway to make
backing up even easier, the furkid now has a glorious roomy "walk-in"
bathroom with everything but the sink practically yet she refuses to use
it! ! ! !  WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS FERRET ? ? ? ? ?  Now, all she does
is poop right in front of the new bigger box!  RIGHT IN FRONT of the
walk-in opening!!!  And here I'm thinking the new box will be more
convenient for me, too, to clean because with the old box, she ended up
wiping her "cling-on's" on the edge of the box and would drag clumps with
her as she exited .  .  .

First I'm wondering HOW I'm going to retrain this stinker when I can't be
home to watch her when she poops.  Second I'm wondering WHY I'd have to
retrain her when nothing but the shape of the box has changed!  (As for
my other furkid, Snowball (Sasha's cagemate), he's never been box trained
but I recently figured out he was most likely paper-trained because he's
got about a 90% success rate on the newspaper I've since put down UNDER
and IN FRONT of the new corner box!

I'm just about to give up because I don't know whether to just put
newspaper down in the corner and toss it every day or go back to the old
box with newspaper next to it - that way one of the furkids will
hopefully use the box and the other will use the paper NEXT to the box -
ARGH!  !  !  !  Other than the litterbox change, no other changes have
been made to environment, food, etc.  NOTHING!

So, any suggestions????

Jennifer and the 3 Amigos (who have all lost their minds and become
SPOILED ROTTEN!)
(yeah, the mother is always the one to blame! ! ! ) LOL!