From:
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 22:59:34 -0400
I watched TV as the second plane hit.  Live TV.  My first response was
terrorist, oh my God, all those kids who lost parents.  Then they said the
Pentagon was hit.  I thought, please God, let my son still be on base, let
them forget that Quantico is Marine Corps Headquarters.

He called, things are on the highest alert.  Troops are to be used as
guards.  He tried to sound casual, laughing and joking, but I could hear
the tension he was trying to hide so I wouldn't worry.  I asked him to
promise me he wouldn't volunteer to do anything stupid.  He didn't.  He
is too much like his mother for my own good.

I am a USMC Mom, I am proud of my son, and if it comes down to it, I will
fight by his side for my country and to protect our freedom.

But until I have to, I'll give blood and platelets.

Check into donating platelets, it is almost the same as giving blood, but
you can do it more often and it can be used for burn victims, cancer
patients and lots more people.

I am terrified of needles, and I gave, please, call the Red Cross and give.
Volunteer, do something, and pray for all those lost.

Put the flag out, tie red, white and blue ribbons on your cars.  If you
have an apartment, hang the flag in your window.  Let people know you
care.

I am fried.

Jean
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter