From:
Kevin Farlee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Nov 2009 06:20:28 -0800
>I have a question about deslorelin, is there really a ferret specific
>formula? My veterinarian told me she found a supplier of it in Ohio.
>The dosage is 2.1 g and it's specially formulated for ferrets, not
>horses.

There is no deslorelin implant approved, much less formulated, for
ferrets. From my study of the manufacturer's site, the 2.1mg dosage has
a brand name of Ovuplant, and was formulated for horses. This is the
one that Dr. Shoemaker studied, and found to be ineffective at best.

The right stuff has the brand name of Suprelorin, and comes in a 4.7mg
dosage. Don't accept the wrong one.

Kevin Farlee