Date:
Wed, 29 Jun 2005 09:05:21 -0700
My daughter works at a local pet supply store.  The store was contacted
by a woman looking for a home for a male ferret.  When asked why she was
looking for a home she stated that she didn't want to take care of it
any more and it's cage was disgusting and she didn't have any more litter
or food and she wasn't going to buy any more and she just wanted to get
rid of it.  I spoke to this woman on the phone and she told me the same
reasons.  Needless to say, I left right away to pick the ferret up.  I
wasn't going to leave it in that situation.

I was expecting to find a skinny, flea ridden little guy.  Instead I
found a healthy, seemingly well cared for, good sized boy.  The cage
was disgusting and his nails were way too long.  The owner's daughter
couldn't give me a whole lot of information.  He's from Marshall's, just
under a year old, no known health problems, friendly, doesn't bite and
uses a litter box.  The daughter didn't know if he'd been to a vet.  I am
assuming probably not since the owner didn't want to invest in more food
or litter.  She was feeding him cat food, but said he was eating ferret
food previously (although she didn't know what kind).  I was told he gets
along well with other ferrets.  I would really love to keep this little
boy, but I am at my limit with 10 already.  I am hoping someone will be
able to open their hearts and home to this sweet guy.

Please contact me at my email [log in to unmask] if you're able to
help him.  I will try to get some photos of him to send to interested
parties.

Thank you very much.

Ali and the gang