From:
Ginger Loggins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 1995 10:51:12 -0700
Hi there!

    First, I wanted to thank everyone for their advice on litter training.
Finally we put up a weak ferret barrier across the bedroom, which provides
our little Jezebel with a wonderful challenge.  She's still learning, but
at least now it is much easier for us to keep an eye on her and correct her
immediately.

    What I really wanted to ask, was just now, I came in to check on her
'cuz she was making quite a ruckus in her cage.  She was digging all into
her food dish (we have one of those that hangs down and attaches to the
cage).  I looked and saw she was very low on food.  So I poured some into
the dish.  When I looked closer into her cage, I noticed this odd pile of
food right next to the dish.  She's all by herself and we've had her for
about two or three weeks so far.  I can't imagine she is trying to horde
the food, since she made no attempt at hiding it, just got it out of her
dish bit by bit and dropped it on the floor.  Is this a comment on the
quality of her food?  Or just some quirky ferret behavior?  It can't be the
food brand, I've never feed her anything else, though I do plan on getting
her used to another brand soon.

    Anyway, just thought it was quite odd and wondered if it might mean
something.  Hope all your fuzzies are doing well and I send good thoughts
to those fuzzies that aren't.

            Ginger and her little fuzzie Jezebel