From:
Patricia Stauffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2012 14:01:41 -0700
I was one who commented on the post and I challenge anyone to point out
where it makes fun of legitimate ferret shelters or fund raising? I am
disappointed when every day I open my facebook page and the first 500
posts are someone begging for money. Or showing horrible pictures of
bloodied and mutilated animals. And NO I don't mean legitimate shelters
or fundraisers. It seems everyday there is a new person who's sister's
cousin's uncle's brother has taken in a ferret, cat, dog, horse you
name it. I have seen pets talking for their owners whining about
frivolous things that they want and actually getting petulant when the
things they want are not forthcoming immediately. I have seen people
asking for money who cannot supply contact information about the animal
or rescuer in question. I have seen posts for the same animal six
months after the situation was actually resolved. I have seen people
being totally picky about what they want. They want toys but only this
particular toy. Or bedding or cages but only these particular ones.
Seriously??? If you are asking and people are giving shouldn't you be
grateful for what they can give? I thought that was the whole concept
of charity. To accept what people can give graciously and say thank
you. I have also seen people who are downright rude in the asking. No
please, or if you can. Just we set up a paypal account send money. Most
people doing the giving have pets of their own that need things and
they send what they can when they can. You also have to be very careful
on FB because there are a lot of scams out there. When you are being
bombarded day after day and post after post, yes, people start to
become jaded. But again there was never any mention of legitimate
shelters or fundraising nor did it have anything to do with any
organization. People have a right to post their personal feelings on
their personal pages and should not have to worry about someone trying
to turn it in to something it is not to create drama.

Signing my name...........

Pat Stauffer