From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2001 19:42:08 -0400
Hi--

I have a couple of girls in my care from a couple of weeks from a local
breeder.  They will be heading out for new homes after the 14th.

For now, they are mine.

Both are sables, with black noses, out of black sable lines.  Like all baby
ferrets, they are high strung, fiesty and nippy.  The first night home they
were only interested in ripping off my hand so they could get down and
play.  Now that they have had a night in the playpen, they are considerably
mellower and a bit easier to handle.  We are now down to very wiggly, test
nipping to get down and play.  Once they have had some play time and time
to settle in, I can begin working with them.  I have only until the 14th
to turn them into respectable young ladies who will impress their adoptive
parents with their sweet, mellow ferret personalities.

I always name ferrets that came through my ferretry, and these girls are
no different.  The lighter one is Tulley, and the darker one is Fiona.
Both girls are answering to my voice, possibly even their names.

I'll do their second distemper shots when they settle in enough I can get
them to hold still and lick some linotone while I sneak an injection into
each of them.  After their shots, a trip to the pet store is in order to
see how well they behave in public.  Their first trip out will give me an
idea of how much work they will need to be handled easily in public by
strangers, and if they will need to be watched around children.

Foster mother to demon children,
KG