From:
Pyrophage <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 1994 22:05:12 -0500
A funny thing happened to my fiance on the way to NYC...

He obtained permission to bring our two ferrets in a carry-case on the airplane
from Pittsburgh. He borrowed a regulation-size fits-under-seat carry-case from
a friend, and he stowed it under his seat as the plane prepared for take-off.

Soon there was a commotion up in first class, and among the hubbub could be
heard the word "animal." His seat-companions turned to him and asked, "You sure
you've still got your two little critters in there?" and he confidently looked
down and said "Of course I - uh oh..." Sure enough, escape-artist Wednesday had
found her way out of the case, and romped up to first class. He ran up there,
and she looked up with one of those innocent-eyed "Isn't this *fun*?" express-
ions, and he grabbed her by the back of the neck and demanded, "What do you
have to say for yourself?" She continued to look innocent.

He returned her to her case and settled back, and ten minutes later the pilot
came on over the intercom, "Ladies, gentleman and wildlife... welcome to flight

Cheers,
Geri, Manny, Roddenberry and Wednesday-Houdini :)