From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 May 2002 19:28:09 -0400
Alicia wrote:
>Ferret Reptile Rescue is active again!
> http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=1&pet.Shelterid=UT22

Then the animal control folks need to let the authorities know because if
she is in violation of payroll her next stop could be behind bars.

Animal hoarding is a dangerous mental illness:
http://www.tufts.edu/vet/cfa/hoarding.html, and
http://www.tufts.edu/vet/cfa/MunicipaLawyer.pdf and
http://www.legis.state.il.us/publicacts/pubact92/acts/92-0454.html and
http://www.mhsource.com/pt/p000425.html (hoarding and how it hurts animals)
 ---

What do our's like to sleep in:
1. very dark places -- all
2. Several of our's like my arms, preferably while I typing
3. Ashling loves satin, silk,and nylon
4. All of our's enjoy t-shirts (esp. if we have just been wearing them),
   hammocks, and sacks.  I cover the fluffy parts with sheeting because
   of finding the fibers in a clump in Jumper's stomach with a few hairs.
5. We have a coarse netting material that they LOVE to sleep in deep in
   a closet.  It breathes well but it also seems to act like an all-body
   scratching post and helps remove loose hairs.

If we have a ferret who panics who is going to be staying at the vet's
on a non-emergency basis we walk around for huors with ferret bedding
in our shirts, then leave that off with the ferret.

----

BFFs are crepuscular (dawn and dusk) and a bit nocturnal, and those
areas are cool at night.  Used to prospect for fossils around there
decades back; and it's jacket weather at night.  Underground it's
cool.  Cold isn't so much of a problem as heat, and that can be a real
problem.

----

>We'd rather be out dooking than inside watching football (soccer)

One look at our Sherman playing with a soccer ball -- "no hands" rule
does not apply -- and you'd think twice...

----

>Yes I've tried it twice, and by gosh it does help!  It truly does.  It
>takes time though,,,a few days to get in their system I suppose.  I do
>not use it regularly for two reasons:

We also found that Bi-odor works but stopped.  We tried it after some
chemists went through the ingredients here on the FML (so would be in
archives).  We stopped because the odor loss appeared to make them
nervous and appeared to increase the marking "accidents".  I think we'd
use it if a certain relative ever visited because of his ferret-smell
complaints (though he'd possibly smell them in a place with none if he
were told they were there), then we'd stop again.

Sukie
For ferret health information: